Monday, November 20, 2017

Tender Mercies

Dear Family and Friends,
In case you didn't hear, Travis Eldon Long arrived a week ago, weighing in at 9lbs 3 oz and 21 inches.  What blessings from Heaven these little ones are!
Travis Eldon Long
The dates for the Robinson family have been set. The four youngest members of the family are being baptized on December 2nd and Sherman and Margarita are being baptized on December 16th.  Such a tender mercy to play a small role in their conversion.
I want to share a very special experience that happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  I've not shared this because it is so sacred but I feel impressed to share it with you today.  The first night Elder and I were supposed to perform Sophia and Noah Packard, I was so scared that I would get silly and ruin the vignette, which would in turn set the wrong tone for the play.  (When I get scared, I get silly.) I said a quick prayer before we went on stage and asked Heavenly Father if my mom wasn't busy, could He send her to stand by me so I could do my part the way it should be done. She came and I felt calm.  I truly know that we get help when we most need it.  I will never forget this wonderful night. I love my parents dearly, especially my Heavenly Parents. They are there and want to bless us even if it doesn't seem significant to anyone else.
The temple has been closed for cleaning and is finally open again. It's wonderful to live 5 minutes from the temple and be able to gain strength from attending it often.  I somewhat understand why the Saints worked so hard to  complete the temple even though they knew they would have to leave it behind. The power of the temple is so strong.
The visitors have dwindled in number, but the ones that come are searching for something in their lives, whether it is to build their testimonies or gain one, Nauvoo has a great effect. We really feel as if we are living in a Heavenly bubble.  Don't worry that we want to stay forever; oh no, we love you all and can't wait to meet our new little ones.  It's hard to be away but it's worth it to let others know about Christ's Church and how it can unite families.
Love you all and Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!
Sister and Elder Long 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming with Family & Friends

We enjoyed a very nice homecoming celebration & luncheon at our home after speaking in our ward. It was fun to be with all of our chi...