Dear Friends and Family,
Hope you are having a great Tuesday. Yesterday went by so quickly that before I knew it, you are getting the e-mail a day late. Oh well!
We taught our Sunday School lesson and performed Noah and Sophia. Both went well and I can hear myself say " See, you can do hard things!" Mostly I'm just glad it's done. Unfortunately, we have to do Noah and Sophia again this week, so we'll see how that goes. The upside is that we have done it once and the show is over for good the 30th of November.
This past week we also went to visit Sherman's family and sit in on a discussion. They are a good family and need the gospel in their lives. I know it was no accident that they have this chance to improve their lives and family with Christ's help. I really appreciate my own parents and the things they taught me. I hope was able to pass that on to my children and grandchildren. We are so blessed to have family unity.
We've had some great experiences this week in the sights. I met 4 non-member men on a road trip to see the Ohio/Iowa State game. They felt impressed to come through Nauvoo on their way. None had been here before. They watched several videos in the Visitors' Center and then went on a tour, asking questions the entire time. They were touched by the statue of the "First Vision" and again by the Christus. We were all touched by the beauty and message of both. They said they had a Book Of Mormon and would begin reading it. I hope they remember how they felt. It is so uplifting to share the gospel each day and have our own testimonies strengthened.
Elder Long said it is wonderful to have the oxen rides again. They are able to tell some of the powerful stories about the strengths and testimonies of the saints. (No horse rides yet.)
How is your Gratitude Journal going? I'm loving it. Each day I find so many things to be thankful for. Writing my blessings, helps me recognize the Lord and his hand in our lives.
Love you all,
Sister and Elder Long
No comments:
Post a Comment