The first group were descendants of Hyrum Smith. When the father leaned against the door to show his family how "Grampa tried to hold the door shut," it became very amazing to think that Maxine and I were giving a tour to the 5th and 6th great grandchildren of Hyrum Smith.
The family were also descendants of Willard Richards. Elder Richards was a prominent physician and midwife/nurse trainer to tens of thousands, and was an extraordinary early leader. He also served as Second Counselor in the First Presidency to church president Brigham Young. from 1847 to his death.
![]() |
| Willard Richards (June 24, 1804 to March 11, 1854) |
The last group was a 3 generation family from Australia. At the end of the tour the grandma said, "Ward members at home have shown us pictures of when their families visited Carthage, but we never thought we would be able to come. Now I've seen it and felt it." I gave the grandpa a Book of Mormon and asked him to share it with someone at home. He readily accepted it and said he knew exactly who to give it to and he said that a missionary in Carthage had sent it to them. Now, I've shared a Book of Mormon to Australia!
How cool is all this. It's very humbling to be able to bear your testimony of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon to all that visit.
Love, Elder Bob Long



No comments:
Post a Comment