Sunday, April 29, 2018

Make Way for Ducklings

Dear Family and Friends,
This email will come early this week because we have the afternoon off and won't  have a prep day until next Saturday.
Finally the weather is marvelous and the flowers are stunning.  We drove over to Carthage after church, to see the long awaited tulips. They were  blooming in all their glorious colors.  So pretty. The tulips are blooming here in Nauvoo as well, along with the magnolia trees and many other trees are leafing out. Barges are in full  mode travelling up and down the Mississippi. 


Soon little ducklings and goslings will dot the landscape. When you travel the river road, you'll remember the children's storybook, Make Way for Ducklings.  Ah, spring!











The young sister missionaries and the young performing missionaries will arrive this week.  Everyone it gearing up for the summer pageant season. We're practicing "Sunset By the Mississippi". It's so much more fun this year, probably because we know what to  expect.
I served in the Heber C. Kimball home most of the week.  You really get to know the site when you are there for a full week.  


I did have one day that I was able to give a narration on the wagon for a school tour and Elder Long was the driver.  Quite fun! This coming week I will serve in the Bakery and have 1 day of wagon narration with Elder Long as the driver.
I rode my bike 5 miles yesterday which was refreshing.  Elder walked about the same distance serving at the oxen ride.  We might get in good physical shape yet.
We are getting ready for a district dinner this evening at our house so I better go. We love you all and pray for good things in your lives.
Love,
 Sister and Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming with Family & Friends

We enjoyed a very nice homecoming celebration & luncheon at our home after speaking in our ward. It was fun to be with all of our chi...