Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Angels Among Us

Dear Family and Friends,
It really is amazing how quickly the time is passing and I know summers go the fastest.  Maybe that's because summers spin right by especially when you're a kid or teacher.  Oh the wonderful days of summer sun and fun!
The one thing I have most become aware of during this mission is how much the Lord blesses us and is in our lives. There have been times lately that I have been concerned about a family member or friend and realized that I am too far away to intervene, so I have had to let the Lord take care of it.  That has been an "ah-hah" moment.  He always was taking care of it. I just haven't recognized His hand in it.  I know He does a far better job than anything I could possibly do and we are blessed.  He wants to bless us and will, if we will just let Him.
I'd like to share a couple of experiences from this past week.  One was when a non-member told me that he felt the same feeling here in Nauvoo that he felt in Palmira, New York. This man and his wife were going on a Church History exploration because when he was working in Fillmore, Utah and wanted to know more about the church,  someone  suggested that they go visit all the church sites and find out for themselves.  He and his wife were so positive and  complimentary. They wanted to know more about the temple  and the beautiful way of life that follows members of our church.  They said they knew we had trials in our lives but we seemed happy and grateful for everything.  Of course, I sent them to the visitor's center to learn more and meet the Sister missionaries.  They lifted my spirit.
The other experience was when a very disinterested, reluctant man softened and starting to listen during a tour in Heber C. Kimball's home.     When he came in, he looked like he wanted to bite someone.  Through the tour something I said (and I don't know what it was) struck him and he teared up.  I know it was not so much the words but the Holy Ghost that bore witness of the  goodness of the Saints. He left with a completely different attitude.  I've never witnessed such a quick transformation. 
I know angels walk amongst us and it is not only here in Nauvoo but wherever we are.  I believe some of those angels are family members that have passed before.  The Lord loves us and is trying so hard to help us.  We need to trust Him and be humble.  
You are loved,
Elder and Sister Long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming with Family & Friends

We enjoyed a very nice homecoming celebration & luncheon at our home after speaking in our ward. It was fun to be with all of our chi...