Dear Family and Friends,
What a beautiful day! Just returned from a bike ride down to the river where I saw snapping turtles laying eggs. I'm told that later the raccoons will dig them up for breakfast.
The sites are full of life and it's an added bonus to hear the brass band as it comes around on the wagon and stops for short concerts. Even the horses step to the music unless they're tired and nod off for a short rest.
So many shows , performances, and concerts. The pageants are still to come in July. It was heart-warming during a military tribute to see a 90+ veteran tear up as his army anthem was sung. Reminded me of my daddy [Richard Mack Gentry] and all the other veterans who gave and give so much.
Yesterday Elder Long and I gave the priesthood/ relief society lessons at church. It's a fantastic way to direct companion study as you prepare. Even though it was humbling to teach an auditorium of Sister missionaries, the spirit carried through. We taught the first presidency message from the June Ensign. In case you haven't read it yet, it's on "the Lord qualifies those whom He calls". It seemed to be written just for our lessons. Read it. It is wonderful.
![]() |
| Richard Mack Gentry (WWII Veteran) |
There are many visitors to Nauvoo. Each is looking for something. It's such a marvelous opportunity to help others come to Christ. No matter where they are in their conversion, words are given by the spirit to lift them.
This past week when I was serving at Lyon Drug, a family came in. The little 2 year old was spent and wanted no part of another tour. I went over and started singing "I'm bringing Home my Baby Bumble Bee" and he settled right down. The family could then enjoy Lyon Drug. His dad thanked me over and over and asked how I knew he loved that song. Another example of the Lord knows each of us individually.
I miss everyone like crazy but would not want to be anywhere else right now. The Lord lives and loves each of us.
Love,
Sister and Elder Long
Words to "I'm Bringing Home my Baby Bumble Bee"
I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee -
OUCH!! It stung me!!
I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee -
EW!! What a mess!!
I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee -
ICK!! I feel sick!!
I'm throwin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm throwin' up my baby bumble bee -
OH!! What a mess!!
I'm wipin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm wipin' up my baby bumble bee -
OOPS!! Mommy's new towel!!
I'm wringin' out my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm wringing out my baby bumble bee -
Bye-Bye baby bumble bee!!
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee -
OUCH!! It stung me!!
I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee -
EW!! What a mess!!
I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee -
ICK!! I feel sick!!
I'm throwin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm throwin' up my baby bumble bee -
OH!! What a mess!!
I'm wipin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm wipin' up my baby bumble bee -
OOPS!! Mommy's new towel!!
I'm wringin' out my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm wringing out my baby bumble bee -
Bye-Bye baby bumble bee!!
Lyon Drug and Variety Store
Browse the shelves of a 1840s drugstore and discover the inventory of a period business establishment, including medicines, textiles, hardware, and household items. Be sure to check out the beautiful herb garden and the original log cabin next door where Patty Sessions, Sylvia’s mother, lived. Patty Sessions was a midwife in Nauvoo.
LOCATION: Hotchkiss near Main Street

No comments:
Post a Comment