I’ll start with a shout out to Scarlett and Emma. It’s their 2nd birthday today. Scarlett has grown so much and will continue to, I’m sure. She truly is a miracle baby. I’m sure little Angel Emma was close by to wish a happy birthday to her twin.
Nauvoo is a busy place. We were in our first play on Thursday night. Bob will tell you that it wasn’t so bad. I’m not convinced that he loves it yet but the effort to try is definitely there. Maybe he’ll even enjoy it at some point. There are 2 plays and the second one will start on Memorial Day. Then we’ll be performing 4 nights a week. This is our “second” language, although Bob says Mandarin doesn’t sound so bad about now.
We’ve also started work at the sights. It wasn’t really that hard. I guess 37 years of teaching might have helped and Bob’s first sight was the brickyard with clay so it went well and was fun.
![]() |
| Brickyard |
They say it gets crazy busy in the summer. They’ve baked and frozen 57,000 cookies to give away at the bake shop.
![]() |
| Scovil Bakery |
Each sight has a very special feeling. It’s very emotional to walk where the prophets and saints lived. They were a strong and exceptional people of God. Make plans to come to Nauvoo while we’re here. We only have 1 bedroom but we have a big kitchen and living room with a hide-a-bed and an air mattress. We’ll make it work. If any of your were to come, let us know at least 2 weeks in advance so we can get tickets for you to all the plays. Everything’s free so don’t worry about that. The missionaries here are just like family.
We went to the Nauvoo Temple Friday. It’s just unbelievable that such a humble people could build such a grand structure. The experience we had was a testimony to the truthfulness of the Church and the Savior. Bob finished the temple work for his dad. I know hearts can soften even in the afterlife. Grandpa’s spirit was there and excited to have his temple work done. I know the church is true and am excited to be here. What a blessing! Everyone should serve when and where they can.
I love you all but am too busy to be homesick. I didn’t even mind that everyone had a birthday party at our house tonight. Glad you can use the house to be together.
Love,
Elder and Sister Long


No comments:
Post a Comment