Dear Family and Friends,
This has been another busy week in the mission. At Nauvoo they say you have to learn to sleep quickly. Believe it! We start very early and go until after the last performance or practice each night. It is pretty fun and everyone is extremely supportive and kind. I never thought I’d see Elder Long singing, dancing, and acting. You’ll have to come see for yourself.
There is so much to learn. Just getting to know the names of all the missionaries and then Bob has to learn the names of 22 horses besides. We’re beginning to grasp what the early saints did. I’m continually in awe of their devotion to the Lord and following the Prophet Joseph.
Sunday during conference, we served in the Brigham Young home. We did 6 or 7 tours but we were also able to listen to some of the talks. What a privilege to be in a prophet’s home listening to a prophet. The home has a special sacred feeling. It has an office where the apostles and leaders met to plan the completion of the temple and the exodus from Nauvoo. I just can’t begin to tell you the reverence I feel when in that room. I ponder the sadness and joys they shared as they moved forward with the Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ.
![]() |
| Brigham Young Home |
Yesterday was “P”day and we went to Quincy to go shopping for the week. There are no grocery stores in Nauvoo. While in Quincy we met up with Elder McGiven and his companion for lunch. (With the mission president’s okay) He is doing very well and loving the work. It is great to see the young missionaries’ enthusiasm. In case you don’t know who Elder McGiven is, he is Katie and Gary’s nephew, Austin.
I’ve got to get ready to go serve in Lucy Mack Smith’s home, so I’ll close now.
I love the Lord, His Church, the prophets, and am so very grateful to have the opportunity to serve in Nauvoo. I’m glad we work hard. It’s so very little compared to what we have been given. If you are looking for fullness to your life, SERVE a mission or serve wherever you can. The Church is TRUE.
Love,
Sister and Elder Long

No comments:
Post a Comment