Dear Family and Friends,
Another great week in Nauvoo, of course there isn't a bad week in Nauvoo. May I just repeat what a privilege it is to be in this remarkable place.
The sights were a little slow this week with spring break in Utah being over, but it was a good chance to study and get to know the sisters I served with at each place. There are remarkable stories not only about the early saints but many of these missionaries serving have sacrificed much to be on a mission. I'm in awe of how much faith they have to be here. Some with no family support and have even sold all they have to serve the Lord.
We continue to practice and perform. The performance called "Sunset by the Mississippi" has a bunch of dance steps. It's a real work-out, not only for the body but mind. It's good for us and should be quite a show. Where else can you see Congo lines of seniors aged 60 - 80 trying to dance, sing, and smile all at the same time? Thank goodness the young performing missionaries are coming soon. As for the other play, it is getting easier all the time. Really it is quite good.
There were 2 new videos that we went to see tonight as a mission sociable. They are about the translating of the Book of Mormon and the witnesses. Both were excellent. I'm not sure of the titles. They were something like "A Day in Eternity" I'll find out. They bear witness of the strength of Joseph and Emma, and tell about the formation of the Church. It tells about Oliver Cowdry and his involvement as scribe for the prophet. It depicts the restoration of the priesthoods, and tells of Joseph's and Oliver's baptisms. Much more is shown. It is extremely powerful. I don't know if they are available anywhere besides visitor centers but I'll find that out too. I highly recommend seeing them.
We love the work here. It's vital to share your testimony with everyone you meet. The Church is true and It's the job of us who have this gift to share it. I don't mean just full-time missionaries but all of us. Pray for opportunities and you'll have them. I know this.
The Savior loves us and has blessed us with His restored Church with a living prophet. Living the commandments is joyful.
Love you all,
Elder and Sister Long
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Homecoming with Family & Friends
We enjoyed a very nice homecoming celebration & luncheon at our home after speaking in our ward. It was fun to be with all of our chi...
-
The farewell was held in the Milton Ward in Morgan, Utah. After the farewell, we all got together for a luncheon. ...
-
Dear Friends and Family, Hope you are having a great Tuesday. Yesterday went by so quickly that before I knew it, you are get...
-
Dear Family and Friends, Today is Karen's birthday. Happy Birthday Kare Bear! She was and is such a special Christmas present. We...
No comments:
Post a Comment