Dear Family and Friends,
Pageant week is here! The air is full of excitement as Nauvoo braces for thousands of visitors. I really had no idea just how big this is.


There are so many activities going on between the band, vignettes, and plays, and yet the sites still are the most powerful to me. I hope people don't forget the simple testimonies of the saints and their struggles to live the gospel of Christ.


There are so many activities going on between the band, vignettes, and plays, and yet the sites still are the most powerful to me. I hope people don't forget the simple testimonies of the saints and their struggles to live the gospel of Christ.
On Friday night after one of the "Rendezvous" performances, a lady in the crowd asked me if I was from Richfield. I recognized her as Jackie, someone I graduated with from high school. Amazingly, there was a bus load of people from Richfield, and we had a mini class reunion right there in front of the Cultural Hall. I couldn't believe that I would be recognized in my play outfit. So glad I was. It was between shows so I couldn't visit for long and arrangements were made for the following day. I worked in the visitors' center on Saturday and between the rushes for tickets, we chatted and took pictures. So much fun. I wanted to go to my class reunion this summer, and it came to me. What a sweet tender mercy.
Nauvoo brings people from all over and I've been amazed how many connections are made on a daily basis. I've seen former students and people who know my family. It was so sweet to talk to a man who knew my dad. He got tears in his eyes when he found out who I was. He told me how much he loved Mack Gentry. I got teary too. There was also a lady who worked at the hospital with my mom. She told me how much she loved Rhea and how she made her laugh. I am so proud to be their daughter and felt so privileged to run into these sweet people.
![]() |
| Richfield High School |
Rick (Elder Long's brother) has gone back to Wisconsin and is telling everyone he meets to go to Nauvoo for their family vacation. He tells them what a great place to take a family and how much they will enjoy the good clean atmosphere where they can bond as a family. Pretty amazing review from a non-member. He plans to come again soon with his wife to see the pageants. Elder Long also has his Aunt and 5 cousins coming this Friday to Nauvoo. They are all staunch Catholic. They want to check out the place where their cousin is willing to serve a mission for 18 months. Missions bless family members in many ways. I'll report how it went next week. I do know Nauvoo has a power that can be felt by all who are open.
We love you all and pray for your happiness. The gospel is true and God blesses us in many ways.
Love,
Elder and Sister Long


No comments:
Post a Comment