Monday, October 9, 2017

Growing

Dear Family and Friends,
Today is Billy's birthday! We never imagined all that would happen since the birth of our first child. Wow!  Here we are serving in Nauvoo. I'd like to say a dream come true but I could never have even dreamed of such a marvelous place to be.
This past week, we moved to a home over by the river. It's heavenly to look out the huge pictures windows and see the great Mississippi roll by. Sunsets are breath-taking. What a privilege to live here. We'd love to have you come see.  We have 3 bedrooms and a screened-in porch. The door's open, and  we'll even feed you.

Front of our new place!


Sunset from the porch: A bit of Heaven!

From inside, view of the Mississippi River through the screened in porch

Barge tow going past

Jerri and Dean Belliston were here this past week and we had a grand time.  Nauvoo will refresh your soul like few other places on earth can. Julie and Doug Brown are staying with us now. I think they are finding just how much there is to take in.  This past weekend we saw Randy and Toni Tatton and their beautiful children. So nice to see neighbors that have moved from Morgan. They all looked just super! Hopefully we'll see them a few more times while we're here.  Maybe they'll even get Kathy out here to visit.  
Missionary work is moving ahead. We're now being trained to work on the missionary training center (people contact us for B of M or bibles). We send their names to local missionaries to deliver the requested materials. People are very receptive. The world is looking for truth and peace in their lives. So happy to be a small part in moving the gospel of Christ throughout the world.
Elder Long performed a part in the Rendezvous play last Friday.  He was scared out of his mind but he came through like a pro.  Who knew that he would ever perform in a play? The Lord has a way of helping us grow. I'm not sure Elder Long appreciated this growing experience.


I'm serving at the Post Office today so I'd better get back to my site. I am on the shift that goes home in the middle of the day  for a couple of hours.  I seem to get this shift on Monday. I think it's so I can send this email.  

Hopefully you enjoy reading it as much as I love sharing our mission with you.
We love each of you for the unique experiences you have brought into our lives. The Lord has a plan for each of us. May we all strive to do our part!
Love,  
Sister and Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming with Family & Friends

We enjoyed a very nice homecoming celebration & luncheon at our home after speaking in our ward. It was fun to be with all of our chi...