Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Missionary Miracles

Dear Family and Friends,
This really has been a miraculous missionary week.  Remember Sherman. (The young man Elder Long prayed with, in the ER hallway) Elder Long gave the referral to the missionaries in his home area and when they went to see Sherman, he was still in the hospital but his family was all home. The Sister missionaries invited them to listen to conference with them at the local ward house. They all went and as a result, the whole family of 7 is being baptized on November 25th.  The youngest child in the family is turning 8 on the 24th of Novemberand that is why the 25th was chosen. You never know how the Lord will reach his children.
 I have also had some wonderful experiences. I have placed 4 Book of Mormons to different people.
Image result for book of mormon images
 One experience happened in the Visitors' Center. I was serving alone at the desk when a couple came up and asked many questions about the Church. I answered them and gave them several pamphlets. They seemed so happy.  I then felt prompted to give them a Book of Mormon. Just as the prompting came a tour bus with 50+ people got out and came in to get maps, etc. It was extremely busy at the desk. Again, I had the prompting to give a book to this couple. I silently asked the Lord to send them to the desk so I could. Out of the corner of my eye I saw them leave the building. I thought "Oh well, I did my best and they did get wonderful pamphlets". Just moments later, the same woman came back in the building and up to the desk. She said "I'm supposed to ask you something, but I forgot what it was." I said " Would you like a Book of Mormon?" She readily agreed and I pointed out 3Nephi 10 - 20, where Christ came to the Americas. She said that she and her husband were wondering if Mormons believed in the same Christ that they did. Again, The Lord will reach His children.
We are humbled and grateful to be serving here in Nauvoo but all of you can share the message of Christ with others. The Lord will help you. We know that to be true more than ever before.
Update on the truck. (Fondly known as lightning McQueen) Ten computers have been replaced and 20 or so sensors. Maybe this week.
Also Elder Wayment is continually recovering. It is a slow process to him but truly a miracle to see.
We love you all and know the Lord blesses us each day. Thanks for your prayers and support.
Love,
Elder and Sister Long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming with Family & Friends

We enjoyed a very nice homecoming celebration & luncheon at our home after speaking in our ward. It was fun to be with all of our chi...