Dear Friends and Family,
Memorial Day, what an awesome day to be in Nauvoo and remembering all the sacrifices of the saints who lived here. Not to be forgotten, all the brave men and women who have served our nation both home and abroad. We include in this list local heroes: police and firefighters. We owe our physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being to all of these wonderful people.
The summer season is ramping up! Yesterday when we served in the Blacksmith shop, we gave 26 tours. They were big tours too, of 15 to 30 guests. On Sunday, you are only there from 12:30 to 5:00. The day before, they had 25 tours but that was from 9 to 5:30, so you can see how busy we were.
![]() |
| Webb Brothers Wainwright & Blacksmith Shop |
I took a tumble this week but thankfully I'm doing well. I was running up the steps to the "Sunset" stage when I caught my toe. Bam! I hit my head so hard. I got a large bump above my eye which caused quite the "shiner". I had a horrific headache, but today I feel much better. I don't even look too bad. Thank goodness for a priesthood blessing, Bob, friends, and prayers. I'm sure the soreness should be gone soon.
Yesterday was a special day in our lives. Bob was baptized 40 years ago. He has been such a strength to me and many others. I know it was a difficult decision, but what a difference it has made in our lives and the lives of our children. There's a quote I'd like to share with you from James E Faust:
"Private choices are not private; they all have public consequences...Our society is the sum total of what millions of individuals do in their private lives. That sum total of private behavior has worldwide public consequences of enormous magnitude. There are no completely private choices."
Thanks for your choices. They help us stay on our mission and serve the Lord the best we can.
Sister and Elder Long


No comments:
Post a Comment