Saturday, June 9, 2018

Hot & Humid!

Dear Family and Friends,
I just finished a 5.5 mile bike ride, and it was like riding in a sauna.  It's 93% humidity and 79 degrees.  It's not even 9 A.M. I stopped at  the barn to see Bob, and he was also wringing wet.  It's a big workout to feed and harness those huge gentle giants. Sometimes I wonder when the Saints got settled in the West if maybe they were thankful for less bugs and humidity.  I know we look forward to the cool mountain breezes with fewer bugs. I admit, I look forward to straighter hair.

On that note, we will be back in Utah on August 19th.  We really are excited to be back with all of you.  There are still 2 1/2 months left and we will give it our all! Nauvoo is a wonderful, busy place that lifts those who come.
Bob's Aunt Carole and 2 of his cousins are coming for a visit this week.  They are all Catholic so it should be fun to see how they enjoy our culture.  Aunt Carole grew up in Nauvoo until age 8.  She came last summer but the other 2 have not been here to see historic Nauvoo. We're excited to share.  They also have family places to see so it will be a busy couple of days.
This will be a short email this week.  I have to get ready to go serve at the Family Living Center.  Maybe I'll get to make bread today. 
Love you and hope you all have a fabulous week ahead.
Sister and Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homecoming with Family & Friends

We enjoyed a very nice homecoming celebration & luncheon at our home after speaking in our ward. It was fun to be with all of our chi...